Glock Gen 5 Long Barrels 16" Made By IGB Austria - Match Grade Hexagonal 16" Threaded Barrel for .40S&W Calibers
Glock Gen 5 Long Barrels 16″ Made By IGB Austria – Match Grade Hexagonal 16″ Threaded Barrel for .40S&W Calibers
Shipping Time may take up to 2 months from the date of the purchase.
The barrel is compatible with Glock 35 Gen 5
Details & Specs
This 16″ Barrel is compatible with Glock Gen 5. It won’t fit Glock Gen 3 and 4! However, If you are interested in a model that does fit the Gen 3 and 4, please press here.
Available for the Following Models:
- IGB Austria Match Grade Hexagonal Profile 10″ Threaded Barrel for Glock 35 Gen 5 cal. 40S&W
We are the representatives of the IGB Austria company.
- The products will be shipped directly from our warehouse in the US.
- Shipping time is 1-5 business days on selected models! (Other models may take up to 2 months since they are manufactured by request).
- Only sold in the US
If you are looking for other calibers, such as 9×19, 9×21, 9×25 And .357 Sig, please visit the following page:
|Material:||European High Gradel Barrel Steel|
|Surface color:||very dark grey to black|
|Inner Profile:||IGB Hexagonal Profile|
|Length:||16″ (406 mm)|
|Thread @ Muzzle||None|
|Ammunition||No restriction, compatible with reloader ammo|
|Semi-auto function:||Engineered for use with a stock system!|
|Twist Rate||1:10 Inch|
|Quality||IGB Barrels are all Match Grade|
- Cold Forged Steel: Unsurpassed density: The special IGB Austria rifling is produced by forcing the tool through the barrel under tons of pressure. The result is precise, mirror polished barrels with great strength and durability.
- Quality: IGB Austria barrels are machined on specially designed machines optimized for pistol barrel production to ensure the best quality.
- Warranty: 50.000 rounds or 5 years for use of factory loaded ammunition according to C.I.P or SAAMI standards are unmatched on the world market.
- Plasma Hardening: There is no better way. Diamond hard smooth surfaces without the known weaknesses of tenifer process (loss of material flakes on inner surfaces).
- Quality Assurance: Each and ever IGB Austria barrel is checked for dimensions, function, and accuracy before leaving the factory.
- All IGB products are “drop-in”, easy to install by experienced users. No gunsmith or permanent changes required!
- Compatible with Reloader Ammo!
How to use:
|Field strip your gun – follow gun manufacturers manual!|
|Step 1:||Replace your barrel with the IGB barrel|
|Step 2:||Reassemble the gun|
|Step 3:||Attach your stock system|
Shipping & Warranty:
|Warranty||Satisfaction Guarantee. Factory ammo and proper stock system required.|
|Shipping||From our warehouse in the US.|
|Average Delivery Time||1-5 Business days if in stock in the warehouse in Las Vegas, otherwise up to 7 weeks if sent from Europe.|
IGB Austria Barrel Manufacturing Process:
How does it work?
During every shot which is fired from a standard barrel, the bullet powder usually continues to burn after the bullet exits the muzzle. This is felt by the flip and seen by the muzzle fire.
This patented barrel system permits the utilization
of a longer barrel, ensuring total powder burning inside the barrel without sacrificing the operation of the gun. Thus eliminating common malfunctions which frequently occur. By implementing these longer barrels, higher velocities are achieved while muzzle jump and recoil are greatly minimized.
Longer barrels stand out for increased accuracy.
Fig.2 When the bullet passes the ports, inside – in the Impulse chamber – the gas pressure is build up and the gas is then pushing the impulse ring on to the slide.
Fig. 3 After the bullet has exited the barrel, and the next cartridge has been loaded, the slide pushes the impulse ring back into its starting position.
The IGB Patent
The IMPULSE SYSTEM uses powder gases, collected via ports in the barrel and transfers this energy via a hollow chamber (gas collector or impulse chamber) and a sliding element (impulse transfer ring) to the slide. This impulse equalizes the mass irregularities and allows reliable function even with heavier or longer barrels.
—–Abb. Glock 17 with 16″ IGB barrel and shroud attached to the barrel.
The Impulse System was developed to eQualityuip pistols, which dispose of a Browning type lockup (i.e. Glock, Colt, CZ ) with barrels up to 42 cm (16″) length. Moreover, these units offer for the first time the advantage of using compensators or longer match barrels in combination with target loads. Abb. Glock 17 with IGB 10″ barrel and matching shroud.
The optical impression is similar to a sound suppression device. The IGB shroud, due to its open construction, does not suppress the sound, nor can it be altered to do so. The IGB shroud protects the barrel or the shooters hand against burns.
Test Report – “Swiss Gun Magazine” – Juni 2003
…due to the lack of mass to be moved – relative to a blowback design – the long barrel combination of 9mm Luger shoots calmly.
.. shooting caliber .357Sig is a little more exciting. Somewhat more kick, but not uncomfortable at all – and nowhere near the felt recoil of the Glock standard barrels in models 31 and 32.
… It became a very fun shooting, and more ammunition as originally planned was expended due to the 30 round magazine.
- IGB Austria 16 Inch Barrel
You may visit our IGB FAQ page for more information: General Information About IGB Barrels
There are Additional Models That are Available in Different Calibers:
- 9×25 Dillon
- .400 Corbon
- .45 GAP
- 7.65 Para
Some Also Available for Different Threding:
- M13x1 L
- M14x1 L
About the Company:
Pistol shooting is a top-level sport
Major advantage gives a precision match barrel, which differs from the original barrel by best fitting, special profiles and last, but not least, by high-end steel material of high viscosity. In contrast to stainless – high-end steel with special hardening preserves the viscosity and lifetime of a barrel. No broken ramps, no cracking of cartridge housings. Lasting best results.
Standard was yesterday… Barrel Technology by IGB Austria is the TODAY.
State-of-the-Art – Barrel Technology from Austria
IGB barrel profile – hexagonal: polygonal
IGB Austria with its in-house blank production combines both of two worlds. The conventional field-groove profile is used for best control of bullets or lead bullets. If you have a closer look at the profile you find the angle between groove-to-field to be similar to a polygon (60°) with slightly rounded edges. For this reason, IGB barrels are having a longer lifetime and are more cleaning friendly than others.
Cold Forged Steel
Unsurpassed density. Hard on the surface, “soft” inside. The parameters of a barrel to be hard/viscous and flexible are not exempting each other, but are combined in IGB Austria Barrel Production. IGB Austria forces the tool through the barrel with tons of pressure. The result is a precise, mirror polished barrel with great vibration characteristic and durability.
Plasma Hardening Procedure
Barrels, made by IGB Austria get treated the modern way of Hardening – the Plasmanitration. Diamond hard smooth surfaces without the known weaknesses of the tenifer process (loss of material flakes on the inner surface). Plasmanitration delivers characteristically a very dark grey surface, is corrosion resistant and comes close to diamond hardness.
IGB Austria works with special in-house adapted machinery to ensure best quality and precision. IGB Barrel – even if they are sold as drop-in will always go to the edge of best fitting. Tolerances are kept tight and optimized for shooters needs.
- Compatible with Reloader Ammo!
- Providing a better gas seal around the projectile as polygonal bores tend to have a slightly smaller bore area, which translates into more efficient use of the combustion gases trapped behind the bullet, slightly greater (consistency in) muzzle velocities and slightly increased accuracy.
- Less bullet deformation, resulting in reduced drag on the bullet when traveling through the barrel which helps to increase muzzle velocity.