Description:Strong, Multi-hit plate. Supplies level IV (4) protection in conjunction with level III-A bulletproof vest.
Ceramic Plate Protection Level IV (4) in conjunction with Body Armor level III-A
Strong, Multi-hit plate. Supplies level IV (4) protection in conjunction with level III-A bulletproof vest.
A ceramic plate, is a plate that is an add-on component/insert to a ballistic vest. Its primary purpose is to absorb and disrupt the kinetic energy of a bullet impact and reduce the blunt trauma transferred to the wearer of the vest.
- Plate is made out of ceramic Alumina.
- Manufactured with light weigh, durable, Kevlar fabric.
- Includes a fabric water proof cover made out of Kordura by DuPont.
- Protection level IV (4).
Bullet proof vests are designed to ‘trap’ and slow bullets down as they attempt to pass through the vest. Bullet Proof Vests come in two different types; hard and soft. The ‘soft’ armors are designed to protect against most handgun and small arms ammunition, whereas ‘hard’ armors are designed to stop high caliber and armor piercing rounds.
The NIJ classifies all armors in the following levels:
|NIJ Level IIa||NIJ Level II||NIJ Level IIIa||NIJ Level III||NIJ Level IV|
|Areal Density||3.5 kg/m||4.2 kg/m||5.9 kg/m||25.9 kg/m||32.5 kg/m|
|.30 Armour Piercing (M2 AP)||x|
- Size: 300×250 mm ± 5. = 10X12 inch
- Weight: ±2950 gr. = 6 pounds and 8.16 ounces
About ceramic Alumina:
Aluminium Oxide, Al2O3 is a major engineering material. It offers a combination of good mechanical properties and electrical properties leading to a wide range of applications.
Typical Alumina characteristics include:
- Good strength and stiffness
- Good hardness and wear resistance
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good thermal stability
- Excellent dielectric properties (from DC to GHz frequencies)
- Low dielectric constant